Monday, January 28, 2008

Feeling Better

Sweet Will had a rough week, but as you can see he is feeling much better. He started feeling bad last Tuesday and he and I had a MISERABLE night. I gave him Tylenol at 9 and he never really fell asleep ~ I put him in his bed and after about 5 minutes he'd wake up crying. So I'd rock him, we'd watch TV, we'd surf the internet, etc... He would doze here and there but was really restless. At 1:30 I gave him more Tylenol and we rested on the couch. Around 2:30 I decided to take him temp because he felt HOT. I used an ear thermometer and it said 102.4!! I immediately woke Sam up and we took a rectal temp and it was 103.5!!! So while Sam had the doctor paged, I started packing a bag because I felt sure he'd send us to the ER. Well, the doctor said to give Will Ibuprofen and Pedilyte and bring him in first thing Wednesday morning. So at 3:30 Sam went to the all night grocery store and got Pedilyte and we started Will on it. The poor baby finally fell asleep in the swing about 5:45 am. Sam took him to the doctor and they tested for the flu and sure enough, it came back positive! So he put all 4 of us on Tamiflu and put Will on a cough medicine. I kept Thomas home from pre-school on Wednesday, just in case. So far the rest of us haven't had any symptoms, thank goodness. And Will seems to be all better. However, being sick has messed up his sleep cycle. He was occasionally sleeping all night but if he did wake up it was only once. Well, now he's back to waking up 2 times and it's about to wear mommy out! Once I know he's 100% better we're going to do some sleep training with the little guy!

1 comment:

Ben, Amy, Luke and Kirklyn said...

Will, I am so sorry you were sick! It is good to see you are feeling better & smiling. We are looking forward to seeing you & how much you have grown.