Friday, April 06, 2007

And he's OUT.......

Thomas has had a rough several days ~ he's not wanting to nap ~ AT ALL! Oh, he goes to sleep just fine, but when I lay him down in his bed he wakes right up and cries and cries and cries. And when that doesn't work, he just yells and yells and yells. The longest I've been able to stand it is about 1 1/2 hours. I've been the one to cave in, not him! Well, last night we were on the couch watching the 6:00 news and the poor guy finally fell asleep ~ but just long enough for me to get up and take a picture. When he realized I wasn't by his side he woke right up! He goes to bed at night okay, just not at naptime. Any suggestions??

3 comments:

Noe Family said...

Have you tried the ferber method? It works great with Hayden. If you don't know what it is, find me at church in Brownwood on Sunday...we'll be in town for Easter. And bless your heart. Not a lick of time for yourself...not even time for a pregnancy mid day nap!! Andrea

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Justin does this. He's three and a half. He hasn't taken a nap since he was about 18 months old. Every now and then he crashes when he's had enough. Since he won't sleep, I just try to enforce some "quiet time." It's hard. Go with what works for you guys. And good luck!

Becky B.

Anonymous said...

Someday your mother will not be your favorite person for putting this out for the world to see. I know you are more graceful than that!
much love
grandmother