Monday, July 16, 2007

Thomas Gives Up

For those of you that might not be aware of Thomas' sleeping problems this won't be quite as funny as it is to those that know the history. By no fault of his own, Thomas has not been the easiest boy to get down for bedtime or naptime. Due mainly to his mother rocking him to sleep his whole life! Well, for the past 2 weeks we've been really strict about the bedtime routine: Read stories, say prayers, sing the "Goodnight Thomas" song and then to bed. He cried for less than 10 minutes the first few nights and then all of the sudden ~ silence! So now I've started the same routine at naptime (yes, he's been taking a nap, but on the couch ~ not in his crib). So today when I put him down he cried for 14 minutes and in that time he turned the light on and off about 72 times! Time to scoot the crib down, I guess. Anyway, I could see under the door that he'd left the light on so I quietly opened the door to turn off the light and this is what I saw:

Yes, my precious little boy is sound asleep in the sitting position! He must have worn himself out crying and just given up. His head is resting on the bumper pad in the corner of his crib. Poor baby! I just hope he's not sore when he wakes up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever works a nap is a nap,
love you
grandmother

Hilary said...

Laura: 1
Thomas: 0

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your consistency, Laura! You will be so glad you did this when the new baby comes!!!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute

Anonymous said...

Not so hard, huh? I am so glad that he is accepting that you are in charge and it will be your way or nothing at all!!! So glad I don't have to have him as a student at Miss Lara's Boot Camp. HeHe..Love you!!!!

Marsha said...

Poor Thomas. Don't worry sweetie, I have already contacted CPS. You should get some relief soon!

I had always heard that if they cry longer than 15 min. it could be a problem. He will do fine. He DOES have to know who is boss after all.