Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Boys, Bluebonnets and Bees!

I took the boys to a patch of bluebonnets near the hospital and attempted to get some good pictures. Here they are:Thomas had to show me he was THREE years old!When the medical helicopter flew in I lost their attention completely!I love the expression of AWE on both of their faces as the helicopter landed only 100 yards or so from where we were taking pictures.Here's the "Give your brother a hug" picture. Looks more like "Put your brother in a headlock" picture! They decided they were through taking pictures. I love how Thomas takes Will by the hand! Sometimes Will even lets him!Hopefully we didn't interrupt the harvest of honey too much!
CORRECTION:
I have been told by a very reliable blog-reader that bees do not, in fact, "harvest honey". Apparently they pollinate flowers.  The bees then take the secretions to the honeycombs where the honey is somehow made.  Or something like that.  
Thanks for pointing this out to me, dear blog reader (who shall remain nameless but he IS the father of the precious boys seen at the beginning of this ~ and almost EVERY post!) 

4 comments:

laura said...

You're so right... the helicopter awe is so precious in their faces... and the headlock! What a grip that Thomas has :) Those boys... what a riot! You picked a great color to put them in... they look great!

~B said...

Those are FABULOUS!!! I've got to try to find a patch of them around here. There aren't many.

We watched a helicopter land at the hospital yesterday. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

You just don't know how much they brighten my day!
S

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bluebonnet pictures! Those boys are a hoot!
~Betty