Monday, March 02, 2009

Daddy's Boo Boo

Before Surgery
Sam had a little accident on Friday.  He was at a friend's ranch riding in a Polaris ATV and it turned over and landed on his ankle.  He went to the local ER and they took X-Rays and said it was broken and he should call his doctor on Monday.  Well, Sam didn't think it was a good idea to wait that long so he called the orthopedic doctor on call and made an appointment to go in Saturday at 1.  The doctor unwrapped the bandage to check it out and I took this picture with my cell phone (that's why it's not too great).  OUCH! He said Sam would need surgery so we scheduled it for Sunday morning.  
After Surgery
This is a picture of the X-Ray after the surgery.  Sam is now the proud owner of one plate and 7 screws.  The expensive kind, too!!  He will have to be off of his ankle completely for 4 weeks.  He has a nice pair of crutches and a snazzy wheelchair to help him get around!  The boys aren't sure what to think and to tell the truth neither do I!  He is very lucky he wasn't hurt any worse.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could tell you what to think about Dad being out of commission. He had ulterior motives about getting some new kind of tech toys....lol I bet he has already started taking the boys for a ride in the new wheelchair!
Just remember Sam...these are the boys that will be taking care of you in your really OLD age!

Marsha said...

I don't know who I feel the sorriest for. I really do feel badly about Sam because he is truly one of my favorite peeps. BUT I also feel very, VERY, sorry for Laura because a MAN that does not feel well is a pain in the ...
family site.....I won't go there.
Everyone will be in my prayers over this one! The boys can help wait on him though..

Anonymous said...

OUCH! I bet y'all are glad you didn't wait til Monday!!!
Betty