Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Seeing Spots

Well, Thomas is doing much better as far as the bad diapers and throwing up are concerned, but last night he had lots of tiny pin-size red spots covering his body. I talked to our pediatrician (who happens to be a friend, thank goodness) and he said the spots were caused by the viral infection and not to worry about them. Easy for him to say! But I took his advice and we put Thomas to bed a little early and he slept until about 6 this morning. When I unzipped his PJ's to change his diaper I saw that he was covered in HUGE red spots. Needless to say, Sam and I were at the doctor's office with Thomas when they opened up so the doc could see the spots first hand. Upon seeing my poor spotted son, the doctor smiled and said, "Yep, that's normal for the kind of infection Thomas has. It just has to run its course." I, of course, was wanting a magic cream to put on him to make the spots go away, but there isn't anything I can do! What a helpless feeling! Luckily Thomas hasn't been bothered by the spots (I'm bothered enough for both of us!!) He has been a little cranky, but not too bad. Hopefully they will go away in the next day or so.......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! Sara Margaret has had a viral rash like that and it really scared me. Calloway had one as well and I thought it was viral . NOT! He had strep/scarlett fever. Glad you took him in just in case. Did he have a stomach bug??

Anonymous said...

Thomas seems to be handling the situation quite well...Mommy...not so good. It's scary not being able to do much as it runs its course. You are right there with him, loving him...that's just what he needs right now. You are a good Mommy, Laura!!!

Chesser Family said...

Wow! Thomas we just saw you Saturday, you work fast. I hope you are feeling better soon. You are so cute. Ruthie likes looking at your blog pictures. She points and says "There's Thomas" I will prayer for your speedy recovery.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Landry had the same thing on occasion. He is allergic to all over-the-counter cold and cough meds, which produce a far different rash (swollen hives, swollen eyes, etc). The viral rash doesn't seem to bother the little guys!

Marsha said...

He is even precious with "spots"!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Stop shooting him with a paintball gun!

SG said...

He did a strep test, right?!
I 'm with you! I hate those rashes! But pale skinned, blue eyed babies seem to be rash magnets... I know becasue I have three of them!:) Feel better little man!